Monday March 30, 2015
The Sunny D crew are proud to have been keeping you on the sunny side with our vitamin A,C, D and E enriched juice drinks for more than 50 years.
But there's more to us than just juice. We know loads of weird and wonderful stuff too. Odd and funny information. It's because we're mums and dads too. We've got kids.
We've helped with horrendous maths homework, desperately tried to remember rusty French from our school days, even helped with last minute science projects which always seem to involve making solar systems out of toilet roll holders.
We've dragged up from our memory facts about limestone pavements, coastal erosion and how to dissect a frog. We've even relearnt our times tables and we're not bad at algebra any more.
Here in the first of a new occasional Fun Facts series we thought we'd share some fun animal facts. You never know when they might come in handy!
- Jellyfish don't have brains. And a group of jellyfish is called a bloom, swarm or smack.
- Horses and cows sleep while standing up.
- Sharks lay the biggest eggs in the world.
- The average housefly only lives for two or three weeks.
- Never trust a snake. Even when it has its eyes closed, it can still see through its eyelids.
- The Jamaican Fruit Bat smells of soap.
- The catfish has more taste buds than any other creature. They are also said to be able to detect earthquakes days in advance.
- Brunei ants have ant guards which can explode their own heads when threatened leaving a horrible sticky mess to slow down advancing intruders.
- Bears like the smell of toothpaste.
- An average spider can spin more than four miles of silk in its lifetime. That's a lot of webs.