Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cook: 10-12 mins
You will need:
- 100g butter, softened
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 200g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 100g plain chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 170C, Gas 3. Line 2 baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- Place butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well. Sift in the flour and salt and stir until combined then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into 20 balls and place well apart on the baking trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins or until light golden. Transfer onto a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
- For a delicious alternative use white chocolate chips instead of plain.