Father's Day Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
Treat your dad with these mini chocolate cupcakes this Father's Day.
Have you got any Easter chocolate left? Or bits of chocolate lying around the kitchen? If so, this is the perfect opportunity to use up any old chocolate and create some delicious Father's Day cupcakes.
They're really simple to make and the chocolate pieces melt wonderfully during baking to create moreish cakes.
You can use dark or milk chocolate or white chocolate – or a mixture of both, depending on what your dad likes best.
You will need:
- 4oz/110g softened butter or margarine
- 4oz/110g caster sugar
- 4oz/110g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Icing sugar
- A large handful of chocolate – smash it up roughly into small chunks about the size of a 1p coin.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
What to do:
First, line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until the mixture becomes pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
Fold in the flour with a large metal spoon and then add the milk. Lastly, add the chocolate chunks and stir gently into the mixture.
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. You should have enough to make 12 cakes.
Bake on a middle shelf for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for a good 10 minutes on a wire tray.
I hope you have fun making these lovely cupcakes for your Dad. Here's some ideas from me and the rest of the vitamin gang on making them even more special:
- Make a paper template with a message or symbol, cut it out, place it on top of each cake and sprinkle with icing sugar. When you remove the template the message will be transferred to the cake. Message ideas include: the word Dad, a love heart, a big kiss, a happy face.
- Melt chocolate and spread over the top of each cake.
- Top each cake with chocolate buttercream. You will need to beat 4oz/110g softened butter with 6oz/170g icing sugar. Add 2oz/55g cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk and beat until creamy. Add more milk if it's a bit tricky to mix. As soon as the cakes are cool you can spread the buttercream over the top of the cake. For an extra treat, decorate with chocolate buttons.
- Make your own mini flag with a personal message for your Dad. Write your message on a piece of paper or thin card, cut out a flag shape and then twist and stick it to a cocktail stick.