National Cupcake Week
Chocolate and Orange Cupcakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 18 mins
You will need:
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp Sunny D (Tangy Florida)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
- Place all the ingredients except Sunny D into a large mixing bowl or food processor. Mix the ingredients until they are combined. Add the Sunny D and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and cook for 18-20 mins until cooked and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place onto a cooling rack and leave until cold.
Cover cupcakes with one of these delicious buttercream frosting ideas. Spread or pipe depending on how creative you're feeling.
Basic Frosting recipe:
Beat together 250g softened butter with 500g icing sugar. Add one of the following:
Creamy Sunny D Frosting:
- 6 tbsp Sunny D and a little orange food colouring
Hazelnut Chocolate Frosting:
- 3 tbsp Hazelnut Chocolate spread
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter